Saturday, February 26, 2011

Varda Caivano at Victoria Miro Gallery

victoria-miro.com 

Heather told me to look at this artist. I think there is a lot I could learn from her work.
She's very economic with the paint, yet creates lots of amazing textures. Wish this was going to still be up for my visit to Heather and London in April! Maybe Victoria Miro will have a couple still on display so I can get an idea of scale and surface. Varda Caivano, and the other artists my mentor told me about, really make me excited about painting. I've even been dreaming about painting. Last night I dreamt I was painting with my friends Maynee and Lauren and I painted an armchair ( shades of Jessica Stockholder perhaps?).  I am wondering if my subconscious is telling me to go 3d? Probably it 's because I've been looking at Betty Woodman's painted ceramic vases. It also could be from the wine we had with Roman cousins Massimo and Cinzia who broke up their trip to Switzerland and stayed here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment